Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Five Days and Counting




I can't believe that in five day I will be skating my way through a 1/2 marathon. If you had told me a year ago that I would be signing up and paying to do any of this whacked out exercise thing I would have thought you'd be crazy. Now look at me I have joined forces with the same crazy people who took me to the dark side of freakishly liking exercise. Jason from my Boot camp is amazed that I am doing this stuff, when I first signed up for boot camp I told him that I hate to sweat, exercise and just want to do this to keep from sagging while loosing weight. Now six months later I have done three 5k races and about to embark on my first 13.1 mile race, even though it is on rollerblades it is still going to be a challenge.
Gloria texted me yesterday to find out how long it was going to take Melanie and I to finish the race. How am I suppose to know I have NEVER done anything like this before, I use to be 50 ponds heavier and LAZY! I told her I hope to finish in 1 hour and 20 minutes, but really I have now idea, having nothing to gage myself on. She just wanted to find out because our friend Dominique is coming to be at the finish line to take pictures as we finish. I will also have my camera with me along the race so watch on Monday for pictures of Melanie and myself during the race.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my god Cathy, are we really doing this?? I am starting to crap my pants a little bit, getting scared... Are we crazy?? I am going to die... Me and my dinosaur rollerblades... Arrrrgh!!! By the way the two-floor Target excites me too. ;) When people visit from out of town I always take them to the two-floor Target!!