Sunday, February 8, 2009

Race Day




Well, today was my first race for myself. It had been rainning for days, even when I got to the race it was pouring. As I was getting out of my car I saw a beautiful rainbow. This race was definately the most interesting one I had ever done. At the water stop they also had kegs of beer and were handing out beer! Coming around the half way mark there was "The Queen" cheering people on. I wish I had had my camera. I didn't finish my race in a better time but I did make a new friend Theresa who I ended up walking from her mile 1. I was on my way back toward the finish and see this lady sitting on her heals crying. She was walking alone and feeling very defeated. I went and walked with her, getting to pass the "queen" again. We both finished the race and she was very grateful to have a "new Friend". I learned something about myself: I was so excited to finish in a better time but God had other plans for me and I was excited to help out a women in need of a friend. I could have been like all those other people passing her by but something wouldn't let me. It was a fun time and hope that Theresa will attempt another run/walk.

No comments: