Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Something to think about


A good friend of mine posted this link on facebook today (yes, I am a face book junkie) and I liked it so much that I wanted to share it with everyone. http://www.sethbarnes.com/?filename=facebook-is-killing-us-softly Its something to think about.
Our children live in a society where they don't have to wait for anything, everything is instant phone calls, mail, (do kids even know how to write a proper letter anymore?) instant music, and the selection of tv channels, (I only had 3 and on a black and white screen for a long time. Even food is instant if its not drive thru than its microwavable. What did happen to the good old days?
So tonight as I wait to pick up my child from Youth Group I think do I give him to much, what if he doesn't have everything "everyone else has" what will happen to him, I never had half of the stuff he has or went half of the places he has gone. Public school was the only choice. I turned out pretty good. I am a good person and I gonna ruin my sons life because maybe he watches to much tv and has an account on face book? UGGGGGHHHHHHH!

1 comment:

Gloria King said...

We do the best we can under whatever circumstances we have and have to overcome. I believe that as long as our kids know they are love unconditionally and that we as their moms did the beat we could what else is there. You love and it shows...Love gloria