Monday, October 13, 2008

A Gift for a Friend


My friend Gloria loves owls! Last weekend my neighbors, with the bronze horse, were having their estate sale and I really wanted to get this porcelain owl pot, when I went to get it an hour into the sale it had been sold. Who else would want that porcelain owl? The people running the sale told me they had this bronze owl that was flat on the top. I was like O.K. I saw it and thought this is so big but Gloria might like it. I took it to her house while she was gone and set it by her front door, she never parks in her garage. Several hours later I get this screaming, frantic call from her loving her new owl. I was so glad. It is so nice to give something to someone and have them be so excited about it. I love giving gifts just because it will make someone happy, especially for no reason, just as a surprise.

1 comment:

Gloria King said...

zshe loves loves loves the owl....G