Sunday, October 19, 2008

Susan G Komen Fundraiser






Saturday morning I got up and went to do Survivor Crop with some girlfriends, was I ever blown away when we arrived at Ever After for the pre-crop breakfast, silent auction pre-everything shin dig. It was crazy so many women, so much food so much passion. After eating, bidding and shopping we headed over to the warehouse where this EVENT was being held. It was amazing you walk in and their are 20 tables called islands and each island has a theme all pertaining to breast cancer awareness or prevention. The 24 hours of fun had begun. The middle picture was of women attending this event who were breast cancer survivors, they all had amazing stories. I got projects done for my class, we took a ton of pictures, the above one is all the women from my island the "Royal Cupcakes" these women are amazing and creative and so kind and wow I am amazed my all of them, many I had met prior to coming to the "island". I was able to get a massage for 15 minutes at 7:45 thanks to Gloria for signing me up, they filled up super quick! We had lots of Starbucks, Monster and Red Bull and a ton of sugar (no, I did not eat but 1 piece of candy, I am still sticking to my Weight Watchers program). I came home with so much free stuff I don't know where I am going to put it all. This was such a great weekend, I hope I get invited to do it again.