Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaguration Day

As we are about to swear in a brand new President I am excited to be watching part of history. No matter how we voted this is a huge part of history and I am excited to be able to witness it. No matter what President Obama does during his term he will forever be know as the first African -American President.

I have been alive for 8 Presidents Wyatt only 2. My first real memory of an American President was when I was about 11 years old and Jimmy Carter came to stay at a house on our street. My Grammie Barden was staying with us and throwing peanuts off the porch at his Limo. It was very exciting. I remember our street was blocked by Secret Service and we had to show proof that we lived on Maple Street. I am sure there was a background check on everyone on our block before he stayed there. It is crazy to think that I was part of that.

No comments: