Friday, August 21, 2009

Taking Advantage of Government Program

As I have said I have been on the crazy train since I got back from Maine. I wanted to take advantage of the Cash 4 Clunkers program provided by out government, not that my Jeep was by any means a clunker. (I love my Jeep it ran great, has low miles even with the giant rust holes that Jeff bondo'd up. It was all mine and it was paid for.) This morning I woke up and heard that the program was going to be over Monday. YIKES! Hearing this it forced my hand should I really take advantage of it? HMMMM I went about my morning business of taking Jeanne to the doctors to get her hand check out (it is looking better). I went to Hyundai to find out exactly what they needed me to bring in to qualify for the program. I came home I had everything the dealer needed except 1 year of the 3 years they wanted for proof of insurance. I called my agent and he e-mailed it to me. I was sick to my stomach I didn't know if I could do it, it is a huge commitment. Well I did and after 3 1/2 long hours of paperwork, waiting and more paper work I got my new car. $4500, $2000 from the dealer gas for $1.49 a gallon of a year and best of all FREE car washes for life. YEAH!
Here it is my band new car!

I had to take a picture while I was waiting because all these cars are all Clunkers, and I was told they had a lot more in the back lot. It is a bummer because some of these Clunkers like my Jeep are great cars!

No comments: