Wednesday, November 18, 2009

City Forest

This morning I got up and went to the City Forest, kind of redundant since all of Maine is a forest but I had never seen it. It was beautiful! As I entered through the gates there was a sign that warned of Great Horned Owls nesting and may attack. Of course I went looking for them but the only animal I saw was a 6 point buck on the hood of a pick up truck leaving the area. Crazy I know but I am in the woods of Maine and it is hunting season and . . .
Here is some frost on some sticks at the base of a culvert, I had wished it were snow but no luck.
This is a small pond and that big hill in the back ground is where the kids go sledding in the winter, it really makes me wish there was snow. Really that hill is man made. . . it use to be the Bangor City dump. :)

Her is the beaver damn in the small pond, it was so beautiful the pond with the morning sun shining on it.
This was a frozen bit of water but it looked so great, almost like a shadow of a women looking.
They have these cool rocks on top of rocks here too! Someone went into the woods and built it, I love these they remind me of the beaches at home.

No comments: