Saturday, June 19, 2010

Self reflection

I have been super busy since my last post, I know it was a long time ago. I was awarded with an outstanding teacher award and several friends from my school came out to support me, they are all great friends to give up their evening to come support me, I love these people.
Also, I have been planning my class end of the year video, this is my last year of teaching Pre-kindergarten and I want to make it extra special. In addition to ending my school year I am planning my new curriculum and figuring out what I am going to sell on Craigslist from my Pre-K class ( I will not need it anymore). It is very exciting and I am so happy about the change next year.
Speaking of change I have been reflecting alot on my life, friends and my family as my 43rd birthday is getting closer. I have realize life is way to short for fake friends who only want to be around you when they need something from you. I have so many true friends that I do not need the others.
Wyatt is getting ready to finish his first year of high school and has a big presentation of learning to present before a board of 30 to finish up the year. He says I cannot be their because I make him nervous. Teenagers are way more difficult to raise than young children, this is when they really need their parents. They cannot lock themselves off in their rooms and ignore the family, they need to be part of the family unit and communicate daily with us. I am so proud of the man that Wyatt is becoming and taking satisfaction in knowing that as his mom I never gave up on him, he will become very successful in whatever he chooses to become. I know we still have the rest of high school then college to get through, but so far so good, pleas keep us in your prayers.
I am signing up for more photography classes and have two afghans to make for Christmas and I am making a quilt for myself. I will be posting a list of 43 things to do on my 43rd year of life.
Have a wonderful day!
Love,
Cathy

No comments: