Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Favorite time of year

October is the beginning of my favorite time of year, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and then another New Year. I love the cool crisp air, the beautiful colors of fall, the kindness of people, the excitement on the faces of little kids and oh the yummy smells of seasons. Growing up I have so many memories of the holiday, especially going to cut down our own Christmas trees, sometimes it was just my dad and brother while Lolly and I waited in the truck. I am really excited about my trip back east in November they are even going to celebrate Thanksgiving while I am there. Then of course I will be back in California to cook Thanksgiving for my family and neighbors, usually 30+ people, I love cooking for all of them. As you enter into this holiday season take time to stop and enjoy the simple small things, help someone out just because you can and love your family and friends.


No comments: