Saturday, September 6, 2008

Summer's almost gone!


Wow this summer has gone by so fast! We are finally going back to school on Monday I am getting excited for another new year with my little ones but it makes me sad at how fast Wyatt has grow and we can never get those precious days back again. He will be going into the 8th grade this year and so wants to be independent and do his own thing. He loves to go to the beach, (even if none of his friends are around) skateboard and his new thing that we get to do together is go to the gym. He asked me the other day on our way back from Lego land why I never had another baby after him. He said he wished he had a brother a year younger than him. I think that he enjoyed being at Lego land with my girlfriend and her 3 kids and running around with them and even with the tears, screaming and craziness of it all he really enjoyed it with kids he thinks of as family. Oh how I miss the days of him being 3 years old and running around like that and loving life, even though he still does it is different when you are 3 years old. It has been a journey and a joy watching him grow and become the young man that I know will make me proud. A new journey in his life is beginning and I will enjoy it as I run behind him watching him as he goes along, hopefully he will still want to include me.

No comments: