Thursday, March 4, 2010

Hungry, Hungry Heiffers!




Today was the first day for the San Diego robotics competition. Today was a check in, go through inspection, get your pit set up and have a few practice matches.
Wyatt and I had to be at the San Diego Sports Arena at 7 am. It was raining and as we were driving into the Sports Arena I saw the most amazing rainbow, of course my camera was in the way back of my car, it was pouring down rain. It stopped by the time I had to get out of my car and walk to the entrance.
I also had to help set up and serve lunch to the 40 kids from the team that were at the competition. They all ate a ton of food and tomorrow is the actual beginning of competition day an then Saturday will be another day of competition. I hope a bot doesn't catch on fire again. . . oh did I forget to mention about a robot catching on fire? Yes during a practice game one of the team robots was going over the bump on the field and got stuck, next thing you see is smoke and smelly burning electronic stuff (kids came running to see it, so I missed it all)


No comments: