Thursday, January 20, 2011

Homeless????


If you happen to fall upon the unfortunate happening of becoming homeless than it would appear that the Volleyball courts at the beach would be a great place to rest your weary bones at the end of a long day walking the streets.
One morning I was down at the beach walking very early and I saw this homeless person sleeping under the protection of the umbrella on the volleyball court. Now these courts are not just for any novice player to play on, you have to be really good and almost be invited to play in this sand.
It makes me sad to see homeless people anywhere but at least he is in a fairly warm climate and there is no snow. One morning I offered a homeless women who sleeps out back of Starbucks a breakfast sandwich and she said "I am a vegetarian and do not want your sandwich with Canadian bacon on it . . . but I will take $20.00 if you have it." I quickly turned away. I guess the homeless here have learned some "key" terms.

No comments: